Our qualified, energetic, and dedicated faculty is the key to our success. Faculty members bring many special interests, talents and experiences to their work as educators. Out of the classroom, teachers pursue professional development opportunities that challenge them to bring their best to the classroom. With considerable freedom to be innovative, teachers inspire students to think critically, reason logically and express themselves clearly. Veritas seeks faculty who profess Christ as Lord and who are equipped to integrate this faith into their teaching.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a completed Veritas employment application and email their resume to Human Resources.
Upon submitting the application and questionnaire, please forward your resume to Human Resources.
Veritas Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its various policies and programs including its hiring policies.
New vacancies will be posted below.
· Provide leadership, vision, and day-to-day management of Veritas technology needs.
· Troubleshoot technology-related issues and provide recommendations to the Headmaster.
· Perform network administration. Support Cisco Meraki cloud-based wireless infrastructure, firewall, and Mobile Device Management system.
· Monitor Internet content and web filtering in support of the Technology Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Enforce the AUP.
· Evaluate, recommend, and deploy new equipment and devices such as laptops, tablets, printers, projectors, interactive white boards, etc.
· Evaluate, recommend, and deploy new software. Monitor the renewal and upgrades of existing software. Maintain software databases.
· Establish new accounts for faculty, staff, and students. Seek parent approval, if necessary, when setting up accounts for students under the age of 13.
· Support teachers and staff with IT issues and assist teachers in the use of technology in their classrooms.
· Facilitate professional development classes for teachers and staff.
· Schedule backups of settings and data, as necessary, including off-site or cloud-based backups.
· Implement new projects such as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) technology, Microsoft Office 365 for Education, iOS device deployment, and other software and technical advances in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
· Attend meetings with the Houston Area Independent Schools Director of Technology (HAISDOT) group.
· Attend local meetings and conferences related to technology planning in education. Keep abreast of products, software, apps, and new technology trends in the classroom.
· Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in a field appropriate for this position (MIS, Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Management, or other equivalent disciplines) preferred.
· Professional technical certifications or experience with Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, etc., preferred.
· Minimum 2+ years of experience in information systems in the education field.
· Experience with network architecture, wireless, mobile and cloud technologies.
· Experience with Microsoft and Apple operating systems and devices.
· Working knowledge of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Ideal candidates will:
Duties and Tasks:
Veritas Christian Academy is looking for a part time choir instructor(Two times a week for two hours each day 1:30 - 3:30). The teacher will instruct and prepare middle school students for choir performances and competitions.
THE FREEDOM TO SHAPE CURRICULUM
Veritas teachers are empowered to build innovative and enriching curriculum that will change children’s lives.
QUALITY OF STUDENTS
Veritas students are enthusiastic learners who seek purpose and excellence.
Veritas teachers are encouraged to pursue their passions and develop their knowledge through experiences ranging from conferences to travel.
SMALL CLASS SIZES
Students ad teachers have opportunities to build important relationships in an intimate learning environment.
A CLOSE-KNIT COMMUNITY
Our teachers and administrators know and care for one another.
A COMMUNITY-WIDE VALUE SYSTEM
Service, moral integrity, a Christian ethic, and civility are all part of the Veritas experience for teachers and staff as well as students.